Sunday, July 15, 2012

Where's my head at?

Here is the recycled shirt quilt, all bound and washed and ready for use. It's pretty cute I think although some of those high thread count cottons were tough to stitch through.


And the back.

A little boxy pouch I made last week but didn't get around to taking a pic as it was already busy working!I used this super tutorial. I can see lots of these little guys in my future. I used some favourite Amy Butler prints left over from my SBS quilt.



HST BOM - July. I was a little slow with this one. The squares were cut nd sat next to my machine for a week before I made this block. Very unlike me. I was, I must admit a bit distracted getting my huge SBS quilt together in all my available time.


Remember this guy? I really love it and dug it out again last week. I forgot that I'd made this many blocks. I spent some time making some templates and cutting strips, I am all ready to sew them up...but then I lost my drive. I haven't packed it away again. I am determined to get this one done.


SBS quilt update!!!! Arrrggghhhh. So frustrated. I only bought two balls of the Perle 8 cotton to quilt this quilt and it's not a regular white or cream. I have done as much as I can  but will have to wait until I am going off island on Wednesday to pick up another ball so I can finish this one off. I am more than three quarters through I'd say. It's looking great!

Here are some placemats I made from more Amy Butler leftovers. I made these predominantly to practice my FMQ that I learned last weekend. Pretty neat although my stitch length consistency leaves a lot to be desired. More practice. More small projects.

Hope you've had a great weekend. The sun has been shining here for days, just beautiful, you wouldn't know it was the middle of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment