Saturday, August 18, 2012

Catching up with myself

My sisters SIL had a little baby girl and she wanted to give her a quilt. She found a charm pack of Aneela Hoey's 'A walk in the woods' line and thought it'd make a cute quilt. She has an 9 month old and is back working and studying so is slightly time poor. I offered to make the quilt for her. It took me longer than I would have liked but once I got going it came together pretty quickly. I didn't trim the charm squares at all just used them as was and it turned out OK. I alternated with some cream quilters muslin. It's backed and bound in a pink and grey print from the Sherbert Pips line.


My first attempt at free motion quilting a quilt. I could use a bit more practice but it's a very forgiving technique.

The whole quilt. It finished at ~36" x 45".  A great cot sized quilt. I hope baby Elise likes it!


Week 4 of the HFWYG QAL. Another 10" block, St.Louis star. Above is my planning and fabric choices. Despite all the planning I still had to unpick quite a few seams as is normal for me when I am trying to rush things.


My finished St.Loius. I reckon she's a beaut!

I have committed to sharing a stall space at a big fund raising fair in September so I have much sewing to do. It will be the first time I share my love of sewing with my 'real' community. I have completed one baby sized quilt top, and about to cut for another. I also intend to make some bags, pouches, cushions and perhaps a few more bunnies like the one I made for Bea.

Best get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment